We all heard “Content is King” and most of us work diligently to provide valuable information for our visitors, but more than ever Visual content is the “New King”. No matter what industry you’re in, there’s no better way to promote your business than via video. It’s the fastest growing medium on the Internet – yet, many businesses are still not incorporating video promotions in their marketing.
Simply by having a video on your website, your customer is 53 times more likely to search and find your company online.
Why video optimization is important?
Video optimization is becoming more and more important as a mainstream aspect to SEO as search engines include videos in general search results.
It’s well known, that videos are more engaging and convey more in less time. Businesses that use videos as part of their online promotional strategies are able to create a more personal interaction between their business and their customers.
Did you know that 182 million U.S. internet users watch online video content in December 2011 for an average of 23.2 hours per viewer! Now I don’t know about you, but that sounds a lot of time!
Statistics show that companies had a 6%-20% increase in sales with videos and 30% of internet traffic is form videos.
If you are looking to increase your website traffic, receive more leads and sales, then you can’t ignore the potential of video marketing.
I will share some tips on how to optimize your videos:
- Create a dedicated video section on your website
- Embed videos on your website
- Add description snippets and thumbnails
- Create a video library page that will list all your videos
- Create final video pages with unique URLs
- Create catchy video titles and description that will get people’s attention
- Have transcripts and links to other related videos
- Incorporate your ling tail keywords
- Don’t forget to add tags
- Allow sharing
- If you want your video to go viral, it is crucial to incorporate a social share button to encourage your visitors to share your videos.
- And last but not least don’t forget to syndicate to other video platforms like: YouTube, Yahoo Videao, MetaCafe, Mevio, Vimeo, MySpace, and BlipTV.
When it comes to video promotions remember to keep it short, if possible have your videos about one minute length. If you have different points to make, tell them with different videos. There’s more of a chance of one gaining traction.
If you’re ready to take your online marketing to the next level and need custom designed videos for your company or would like us to optimize your videos contact us. Intact Marketing offers video creation as well video optimization.